This guide will help you get started with the PV API.
- Sign up - Visit http://api.pinkvisual.com/signup/ to sign up for a PV API account.
- Confirmation - Confirm your e-mail address by clicking the link we mail to you when you sign up.
- Settings - Tweak your defaults on the settings page – http://api.pinkvisual.com/settings/ . You can determine which data format you prefer, and set up default filters so you only get straight or gay content, for example.
- 2257 link - Since PV API allows you to display adult content, you should put a link on your web page (or app) that indicates compliance with the 2257 record-keeping laws. You should link to http://clients-support.com/2257.html for any images or videos you receive from the PV API.
- Terms - You must comply with our Terms of Service to use the PV API. We think they’re fair.
- Build your site - We can’t help you with this part. You’ll need to know some kind of web programming language. You’ll also need a server, a domain name, and a good idea for a site. Or, you might be building an app. We don’t really care what you make (so long as it follows our Terms of Service).
- Getting data from the API - The PV API provides all of its data via URL requests and JSON (or XML) data responses. Check out the list of API requests for details.
- Getting approved - While you’re developing, your API key is limited to just a few items for any request. When you’re ready to get approval, send us a link to your site, some details about it, and what your plans are. You should also let us know which API key you’re using for it. We’ll take a look at what you’ve got. Once we approve it, your API key will lose its limitations and you’re good to go. You can submit for approval at http://api.pinkvisual.com/contact/ .